Wedgewood West’s proximity to the City of Frederick is among its greatest assets. As a city steeped in rich heritage, Frederick, Maryland offers and exceptional quality of life combined with a balanced and thriving economy. The second largest city in Maryland, Frederick is home to an over-expanding population of over 290,000, with growth outpacing the rest of the state by 6% since 2000
Business in Frederick
It’s easy to see why businesses are attracted to Frederick. From its world-class business parks and affordable commercial corridors to its award winning historic district, Frederick offers dynamic opportunities for businesses, corporate offices, technology companies and start-ups
With the distinction of being names one of America’s smartest cities by Forbes.com, Frederick – like many robust regional cities – is in a period of unprecedented business expansion. With over half of the labor force college educated, Frederick affords the 5,760 businesses employing nearly 100,000 workers the ability to compete on a global basis.
With area housing averaging 52% less than neighboring Montgomery County and 56% less than Washington, D.C., and the incentive of a reduced commute time, Frederick provides a modern day work/life balance for employees.
As Frederick’s largest employer, Fort Detrick is also fueling demand for all types of real estate within the country, and with a three-billion-dollar expansion underway, Fort Detrick is drawing biotechnology companies to Frederick’s growing base of research facilities.
- Fort Detrick
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Astra Zeneca
- Veteran’s Administration
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- State Farm Insurance
- 40 miles to Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD
- Situated as the northern anchor of the I-270 corridor
- Less than an hours’ drive from three major airports – Dulles International, Reagan National, and Baltimore/Washington International
- Home of the second busiest general aviation airport in Maryland
- Direct connection with MARC train service to Washington, D.C.